Saturday, June 23, 2012

Metal listening suggestions for Magpiemoth

I've been handed a lot of suggestions for metal bands to listen to and feed into my exploration of the music. Or in a few cases go back and listen to more closely if I remember them first time around.

Thanks to Gio, Mark, Rach and Tom for the following

[Deep breath]

Adrenalin Mob 
Carcass
Cavalera Conspiracy
Dream Theater
Faith No More
Gwar
Linkin Park
Machine Head
Megadeth (the old stuff) 
Nightwish
Obituary - Cause of Death
Pantera
Prong - Beg To Differ/Cleansing
Sepultura 
Slipknot
Slayer - Reign in Blood
Suicidal Tendencies
Tool - all the albums (though I guess Lateralus is the big one?)
Trivium - Ascendancy
Within Temptation

I was also lobbied to include hardcore - but it feels culturally and ideologically if not necessarily musically quite a different space from metal so I'm going to park it for now.

No Metallica, curiously.

No comments:

Post a Comment