Thinking of narratives for volunteer recruitment, I wonder how useful the concept of compassionate communities will be?
- Dying Matters: why we should develop compassionate communities?
- Compassionate communities: end-of-life care as everyone’s responsibility - article in QJM by the originator of compassionate communities, Professor Allan Kellehear
- Ambitions for Palliative and End of Life Care: A national framework for local action 2015-2020, by the National Palliative and End of Life Care Partnership of which the MND Association is a member. See in particular chapter 6 which is all about volunteers
- Blog post on Marie Curie about Prof Kellehear's ideas and its implications for their work.
Update: a couple of new links courtesy of Sue Muller
- Compassionate Inverclyde launches
- Bill's story - video explaning compassionate communities from Palliverse
Update The Second: similar issues from a slightly different angle - as a joint group of government officials and voluntary, community and social enterprise reps put forward an action plan for involving the sector in improving health, well-being and social care outcomes.
See the VSCE Review website for more information.