Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Hugo nominations update

With around two weeks before Hugo nominations close (see previous post) how am I doing with getting my thoughts together?

With help from a few close friends (who can vote but not nominate because of the way the registration deadlines played out) my ballot has a full set of 5 nominations in only three categories: Best Novel, Best Dramatic Presentation (Long Form) and Best Fan Writer. 

But we've also got suggestions for a further ten awards - leaving only four vacant. Not bad considering we're not embedded in hardcore fandom, don't read a lot of short fiction the year it comes out and have no way of assessing how good an editor is. :)

I'm sure I'll end up filling up all the slots in Best Dramatic Presentation (Short Form), as well as adding a few more elsewhere among the way

No comments:

Post a Comment