Thursday, September 8, 2016

Book Group Klaxon!

Just a quick note to record the fact that I am very much enjoying the Lichfield SF And Fantasy Book Group we've started.


A spin off from Lichfield Gamers, for the past two months a few of us have gotten together in the Duke Of York to talk about a book we've chosen (as well as anything else the book reminds us of or makes us think about)

So far, we've read Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep by Philip K Dick and John Wyndham's The Chrysalids. We're now part-way through Houshun Takami's notorious Battle Royale. Coming up after that, it's Alice Hoffman's Practical Magic and John Scalzi's Redshirts.

Even if I don't review every book, I can report I've enjoyed all of them so far. And hearing other people's perspectives and opinions makes me look at what I've read in a new light. 

Now we've gotten proof of concept, with the first few months of meetings under our belts, we'll be doing a little gentle promotion and letting the world know we're out there, so that other like-minded readers can find us.

No comments:

Post a Comment